• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need Suggestions For a Good Formal Requirements Tool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Suggestions For a Good Formal Requirements Tool

I am looking for a formal requirements software tool that is based on Microsoft TFS and does not have its own database (I don't want to manage two database and application servers). I have found few tools like IBM Doors and Borland Caliber but they both have their own database. I think it would be best to have only one application server and one database server - ie Team Foundation Server. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Patricia Jones View Post
    I am looking for a formal requirements software tool that is based on Microsoft TFS and does not have its own database (I don't want to manage two database and application servers). I have found few tools like IBM Doors and Borland Caliber but they both have their own database. I think it would be best to have only one application server and one database server - ie Team Foundation Server. Any ideas?
    Is there a reason why you're not just using one of the templates you get out of the box with TFS to track requirements and their completion status? When you create a new TFS project, you get to choose a template for your project (e.g. "Agile"), and depending on which template you pick you'll be able to create Work Items, Bugs, etc, and pass them about between members of the team as they get identified and then built. A Work Item is essentially an individual feature request to be implemented. One that never makes its way to a developer is a feature that has been considered but rejected.

Comment

Working...
    X