• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

i7 S1366 or i7 Sandybridge S1155

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to order this barebones system, already tested and assembled.

Novatech Barebone Bundle - Intel Core i7 2600K - Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Memory - Asus P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Novatech Gaming Case & 600w Silent Gaming PSU

And then add basic vid card (it's not for gamin) and 4 x 1TB SATA drives to run in RAID 1+0 config.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
      Very nice, thats gonna be a helluva bill though!

What made you choose the GTX 570 over an ATI offering? I'm still undecided what to get, loads of conflicting info on what the best bang/buck card is at the moment.

I'd also considered the H60 cooler too, if they are not difficult to fit i'll go for one of those too, never used liquid cooling before though.
      Yes I agree, but I only do this once every 4 or 5 years and to be honest my current box is doing most things fine still, but I really need that extra power for Excel preparing invoices, and Word for the letter writing. Storage for client dbs.

And by the time you haven't paid CT on the purchase and reclaimed the VAT you "save" a 3rd.

Choices are made with plenty of reading, Tomshardware and similar, and also having had Nvidia previously without any hitches helps. It keeps changing and usually takes me quite a few months, maybe even a year to get ready for the next build.

May change the NAS box as i understand that Seagate have DLNA server issues with their BlackArmor range.

Will keep you posted.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
      X