• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone know how to blacklist sites in Chrome?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how to blacklist sites in Chrome?

Many pages hang for ages when loading because of waiting for some inline ad (or other) widget. In IE you can very easily add sites to a banned list and I assume the same in FF - does Chrome provide a way to do this because I couldn't see one?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I think under options -> under the bonnet -> content settings you can disable plugins and javascript for specific sites, although I haven't tried it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

WdS. There's also a FlashBlock extension, although the documentation, such as it is, is in Russian.

Google Translate almost comes to the rescue:
      Squeezes Alt + B and click on ads. If you click through to the gripping Alt-ohms, then the freeze will not be counted numbers of elements on the page, which is sometimes useful.

Comment

Working...
      X