• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best fantasy trading sites?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best fantasy trading sites?

Can anyone recommend a really good fantasy trading/investing site? Preferably one that supports international markets, spread betting, forex, options trading and has good tutorials and articles.

What I want is somewhere I can have a virtual portfolio of stocks from different countries. Also I want to be able to have spread betting, forex, covered calls etc all in the same portfolio - ie I start with 100k and can split up how much I apportion to safe, risky, riskier and silly - not have 100k for one market then have to enter another game with another 100k for spreadbetting.

Anyone know of any sites that can do this?

I'm using bulbearings and Investopedia at the moment.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Can anyone recommend a really good fantasy trading/investing site? Preferably one that supports international markets, spread betting, forex, options trading and has good tutorials and articles.

What I want is somewhere I can have a virtual portfolio of stocks from different countries. Also I want to be able to have spread betting, forex, covered calls etc all in the same portfolio - ie I start with 100k and can split up how much I apportion to safe, risky, riskier and silly - not have 100k for one market then have to enter another game with another 100k for spreadbetting.

Anyone know of any sites that can do this?

I'm using bulbearings and Investopedia at the moment.
    Have you tried http://www.digitallook.com/ ?
    Not sure whether it has all of what you are looking for. But I have seen at least some those in the site.

If you are ready to pay them a monthly fee you can also test your strategy to see how you would have performed in the past.

Comment

Thanks
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I used to play with www.bullbearings.com (or co.uk?) ... quite good and even has a fantasy league where u can see how well ur performing against other people.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          I used to play with www.bullbearings.com (or co.uk?) ... quite good and even has a fantasy league where u can see how well ur performing against other people.
          I've been using that one for about a year or so but it's limited to the UK market from what I can see. Also if i want to do spread betting and forex I have to join different games for each.

What I'm looking for is to be able to trade international stocks/bonds/funds, buy and sell options, spread bet and dabble in some Forex all in the same portfolio.

The idea being that I can practice apportioning different percentages of my overall portfolio to different types of investment with different levels of risk.
          Last edited by Jog On; 4 October 2007, 10:14. Reason: grammar

Comment

Haven't tried it, but Saxo Bank do a trial platform.

http://landing.saxobank.com/london/default.aspx

Comment

Not sure if this is what you are looking for: http://www.marketocracy.com/

Comment

Or there's http://www.gnutrade.com/
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X