• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need assistance creating a POC (Azure AD B2c MS Graph)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need assistance creating a POC (Azure AD B2c MS Graph)

Morning all.

I have found myself in a situation where time is constrained on a project and I'm looking for either advice to get me started.

Basically the requirement is that we need to automate the creation of Azure AD B2c App Registrations based on a call to an API so that the client ID and secret can be sent to the users in a welcome pack when they register.

Something a bit like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AppReg.png
Views:	265
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	4216571

I'm just looking for that ??? in the middle - actually not even all of it, just the functionality that will interact with Azure and create the registration.

My requirements are that it should be C# (.net core) I think from initial research that it can be done using MS Graph API but to be honest I'm rammed for time and have not been able to do much in the way of research.

Alternatively, if someone fancies quoting to do a working POC of this, I'd be open to that

Create application - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Docs
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You know whats weird, I skimmed that page the other day and discarded it thinking it wasn't what I wanted because I couldn't see how to do the client secret... Its taken being told to read it for me to re-read and realise that it is what I need.

Apparently on Mondays when under pressure my comprehension goes down the pan
      Ill have a bash and see how I get on, Thanks!

Comment

Nope, Ive had enough.

Happy to pay someone to go through this with me or to do a POC connected to my B2C Tennant but I cant get it to work - Falling at the first hurdle - cant even authenticate to connect to the API in the first place.

Think its missing something in the app registration BUT every tutorial I can find suggests that I have done it right.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
          Nope, Ive had enough.

Happy to pay someone to go through this with me or to do a POC connected to my B2C Tennant but I cant get it to work - Falling at the first hurdle - cant even authenticate to connect to the API in the first place.

Think its missing something in the app registration BUT every tutorial I can find suggests that I have done it right.
          you're gonna need a business O365/Azure tenant. That's what it means when it says work or school.
          A B2C tenant is in an Azure subscription that is in a business tenant. You can get a business tenant without license for free but you'd probably be better just buying the MS Action Pack for £350 as that will give you E5 licensing and £75 a month Azure tenant.

I'm not sure a B2C tenant is what you need anyway. Who's the audience for the app registration?
          No matter what the answer to that is, you're still going to need a proper tenant with a work/school account.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X