• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone use LibreOffice much? Is it just me or is it shocking?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paralytic
    replied
    PEBUAK?

Leave a comment:

• Anyone use LibreOffice much? Is it just me or is it shocking?

The only 'Office' stuff I typically need to do on my own PC is write invoices or mock up a quick spreadsheet and I never bothered getting an Office license as Libre is fine.

Yesterday I wanted to throw together a quick letter including photos and bits of text for a surveyor... good Lord is was torturous. Adding photos I could not properly control text flow, sometimes I literally couldn't get the cursor to go after the photo, It was like using Word back in the 90s and this was literally typing a line of text, pasting images from the clipboard.

I can forgive Libre it's clunky interface but I thought the fundamental software was supposed to be pretty decent (the spreadsheet always seems nice). Again if I was editing a Word doc I might understand issues but this was a blank doc with no styles or anything. I bet Wordpad could've done a better job, or google docs!

Was I unlucky or is it actually this terrible?

Working...
X