• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act

This is the Act which covers items over £100, bought by credit card, where you don't receive the item, it's faulty or the company refuses a refund.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...ou-pay-by-card

Has anyone made a claim under the Act?

I ordered something 2 weeks ago, and the company kept saying they were shipping it but it's never arrived. Now they are not responding to emails, and they never answer the phone.

I'm wondering how long to leave it before raising it with the credit card company (MBNA).

Thanks.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Raise it now. They'll tell you if you have to wait a bit.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Section 75 is for goods that have arrived but aren't of suitable quality.

If you haven't received what you paid for you don't need section 75 - you can just request a chargeback.

Phone up MBNA now tell them the goods haven't arrived and they will tell you how best to deal with it.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I used chargeback to get a refund for a holiday last year.

Do it ASAP, you might get the initial payment stopped.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I had to use Section 75 years and years ago when a fledgling 'business class only' airline went bust. It was the only way to get my money back. The airline helpfully put an official letter on their website for claimants to download and provide to insurance / credit card companies.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I used chargeback to get a refund for a holiday last year.

Do it ASAP, you might get the initial payment stopped.
            I did that too - SAS weren't issuing refunds and stopped responding to enquiries so I had to get Amex to do a chargeback.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I've emailed the company and given them until close of business on Thursday to provide either of the following, otherwise I'll be contacting MBNA on Friday morning.

a) proof that the item has been shipped
              OR
              b) confirmation that they've cancelled the order and refunded my card in full

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Sending them an email with the subject "Claiming a refund from the Credit Card Company" woke them up. They replied 11 minutes later, with this:

This is scheduled for delivery on Friday.

Kind Regards,

Do I believe them? Nope.

If it doesn't arrive on Friday, I'll phone the credit card company on Saturday morning.

Comment

There's no rush with the credit card they refund in full if you don't receive the goods. I would give enough time for the goods to arrive, rather than cancelling and then having to fill out even more forms to reverse the refund. The main thing is to claim when you received credit card statement and the goods haven't arrived.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 24 May 2021, 18:55.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    There's no rush with the credit card they refund in full if you don't receive the goods. I would give enough time for the goods to arrive, rather than cancelling and then having to fill out even more forms to reverse the refund. The main thing is to claim when you received credit card statement and the goods haven't arrived.
                    Agreed. The company has given me enough assurances that I do believe they are endeavouring to fulfil the order.

The issue is that, when I ordered the item, it was showing as "in stock", when in fact it wasn't. It's actually coming from another supplier, who are getting it directly from the manufacturer.

This other supplier is currently giving a delivery date of Thursday, so we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                    X