• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broadband - how much is too much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Looks a tad rubbish, I’ve had Hyperoptic for 5years+

1GB upload and download And you don’t need a landline

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    I wonder if that's what's coming to my area - with the road being dug up for fibre installation.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Vodafone Fibre Unlimited £17.51 per month (It was supposed to have been £21.50, but they have further discounted it - no idea why?).

55Mbps / Unlimited

We have on average 24 devices connected and stream UHD every day and no buffering...would recommend.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I think we’re paying BT (currently) £27 a month for 72Mb unlimited broadband and phone, with free calls. The previous contract was £35, but when it ran out I looked to switch to Sky. BT retention came back with a better offer.
    Can’t get virgin where we live.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Pre-lockdown we averaged about 600-800GB download a month but I imagine it's a lot higher now. We're with Virgin. I don't rate them but have been too lazy to switch.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I'm on one of the fastest unlimited Virgin Media tariffs.

Gig1 Fibre Broadband – the UK’s fastest broadband | Virgin Media

1Gbps

They sent me an email saying I'm one for the biggest users of bandwidth they have, congratulating me. I max it out 24/7.

Is the Hub 4 as crap as the Hub 3?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I'm on one of the fastest unlimited Virgin Media tariffs.

Gig1 Fibre Broadband – the UK’s fastest broadband | Virgin Media

1Gbps

They sent me an email saying I'm one for the biggest users of bandwidth they have, congratulating me. I max it out 24/7.

Looks a tad rubbish, I’ve had Hyperoptic for 5years+

1GB upload and download And you don’t need a landline

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    I'm with Vodafone (haven't read every page) at £26.50 55Mb unlimited

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I'm with EE, £27 a month unlimited (and I abuse this greatly as I run a plex server for several family members) also get a free data boost if you have a EE mobile

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    I'm with Sky, £28 for 80Mbps, unlimited downloads. No idea how much I've used, but usually stream Netflix UHD films.

Leave a comment:

• HoofHearted
    replied
    If it's a choice between PlusNet and BT I'd go for PlusNet - even though they're owned by BT - because:-

a) their call centre(s) is/are in this country
    b) they don't work from a script so you don't have to go through the "yes, I've tried turning it off and on again" nonsense

And you could always use me as a referrer so I get a 50p/month discount

Leave a comment:

Working...
X