• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a new tellybox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Sure, I have the Roku, in terms of reviewing the TV In isolation: Samsung software is garbage.
    Roku are a good choice and I had it on my old setup. Web OS on LG is very good and I have not felt the need to get an upgraded Roku yet.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    New tellybox arrives today

Sods law says I'll be in a meeting when they turn up.
    Tis always the way...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    New tellybox arrives today

Sods law says I'll be in a meeting when they turn up.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Once a Samsung TV model year has been out of production for a year or so they stop sending updates

But as commented already on this thread you really need a TV stick (roku, sky, amazon, apple) to separate the software from the TV itself.
    Sure, I have the Roku, in terms of reviewing the TV In isolation: Samsung software is garbage.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    I have a Samsung, curved LCD, 4K HDR etc, picture quality is great, however the software is absolute garbage - slow, forcing their crap channels etc. It was marginally better when I got it, with each software update it gets worse.
    Once a Samsung TV model year has been out of production for a year or so they stop sending updates

But as commented already on this thread you really need a TV stick (roku, sky, amazon, apple) to separate the software from the TV itself.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
    There's plenty of sub 50" tv's to have a looksee at. Someone must have the greater than 32" filter on!

Getting some strange happenings recently when switching on our tv. It's a Toshiba 42" and recently switches itself on after switching on the sky box as it's meant to. The screen has been showing multi coloured lines for a split second before switching itself off then back on again after a few seconds when it's all good again. One day it lost all sound even when tuned to digital tv not through the sky box.

It only does this on first start up of the day. In anticipation of it going pop, Ive been looking at a couple of Samsung and LG 43" tv's in the £380 range.
    I have a Samsung, curved LCD, 4K HDR etc, picture quality is great, however the software is absolute garbage - slow, forcing their crap channels etc. It was marginally better when I got it, with each software update it gets worse.

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
    There's plenty of sub 50" tv's to have a looksee at. Someone must have the greater than 32" filter on!

Getting some strange happenings recently when switching on our tv. It's a Toshiba 42" and recently switches itself on after switching on the sky box as it's meant to. The screen has been showing multi coloured lines for a split second before switching itself off then back on again after a few seconds when it's all good again. One day it lost all sound even when tuned to digital tv not through the sky box.

It only does this on first start up of the day. In anticipation of it going pop, Ive been looking at a couple of Samsung and LG 43" tv's in the £380 range.
    Get a big telly and treat yourself with the change

Medion 50” Smart 4K UHD TV with HDR - ALDI UK

Leave a comment:

• TheDogsNads
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I bought a very nice LG from Richer Sounds. Was around £800 but was a 55". Three months on am still very happy.
    Just seen that's what you did! Good call!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I bought a very nice LG from Richer Sounds. Was around £800 but was a 55". Three months on am still very happy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X