• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New monitors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've gone for Ladymuck's suggestion. Financial director approved.
    Hilda?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I've gone for Ladymuck's suggestion. Financial director approved.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    I bought one of these when I setup the current home office 1.5 years ago (GBP pricing is a little steep in comparison to USD unfortunately):

LG 32UD99 32" Class 4K UHD IPS LED Monitor

I don't like the ultrawide monitor resolution (not enough vertical space) so I just went with the largest size 16:9 4K screen I could find with the correct inputs.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    I've got an L shaped corner desk with another desk butted up against the short bit of the L.

All totally unusable because of all the computer and electronicky crap on top of it.

I end up doing paperwork in the ktichen since that's the only desklike thing that's more or less clear.

The L shaped thing is good though, since it's had an enormous CTX 21" crt monitor on it for 20 years without much sign of sagging.

Moving it all and dismantling the desk so the plumber could fix the leak in the central heating was enormous fun.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Mine is L-shaped - from IKEA. We don't have a huge amount of choice here - it was either Ikea for a few £100 or something in the £1000s that still wasn't quite suitable.

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Get yourself a Gold Business Amex, register for the 10% cashback offer, buy the item, settle up and cancel the card. No fee for the first year of use

You can also use the membership points you'll earn as statement credits.
    In the card industry that is known as 'gaming' Amex are stringent record keepers in this regard so you will be unlikely to get a similar offer again. It's a great deal though so fill your boots.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I have a nice large L-shape desk. Glass, not wood. Had it now for about 16 years. All comes apart for easy transporting, can separate it into two desks if needed. Lots of space for all my tat.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I suspect the weight of the monitors is nothing compared to the weight of my desktop - it's a cheapish solid wood kitchen worktop.
    I do fancy a big oak desk, L shape, fixed to the wall, but that's another story.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    My desk handled my Philips 40 inch monitor fine, but something about the weight distribution.

Had a look online and said that standing desks often have this issue. But if yours is fine that's great. Just my findings
    I suspect the weight of the monitors is nothing compared to the weight of my desktop - it's a cheapish solid wood kitchen worktop.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I like one of the comments, can i rotate it vertically
    Coffee. Meet keyboard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X