• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Smart" homes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied
    Friends of mine use Arlo all over their house and think it's really good for keeping an eye on their house and dealing with deliveries when they're away from home.

HWMBO uses Tado for his central heating. He says he's saved a fortune on heating bills as the heating only comes on when there's a registered phone on the premises (his or his kids, and his kids rooms are separately 'tagged' so they will only heat up when needed). For lighting, he uses Lightwave RF and 'If this then that' to activate lights when his phone enters a geofenced area. I think. I asked the question and my eyes glazed over

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    started a topic "Smart" homes

"Smart" homes

New Year's Question for the collective: Anyone got a "smart" system in their house?

Initial requirement is for a new doorbell, but since I'm also interested in having a camera down at the chicken run, and possibly at least one more outside camera, it possibly makes sense to buy into a system.

But back to the doorbell... requirements are that it rings when someone presses the button. Two way audio/video are not essential, but would be useful when I'm in the garden (or in the office on a call) and can just let the person know to leave the parcel at the door, or to come in. I don't need to record the last 5 years of visitors, nor do I need automatic motion sensing on it (or do I?). Possibly even one that can work with IFTTT e.g. can be integrated with a SONOS system.

Anyway, if anyone has done a lot of research into it, or has got such a setup in place, care to share your thoughts?

Working...
X