• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Visual Studio 101 guides

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual Studio 101 guides

I'm working on improving my Azure knowledge, and have come across the need to use Visual Studio to deploy resources to Azure.

Anyone recommend some decent getting started guides for VS ? Had a look around, but not found anything for complete noddys so far.

This is the first time I've opened up VS, and also tried using C# and interacting this way with Azure...

thanks

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    I'm working on improving my Azure knowledge, and have come across the need to use Visual Studio to deploy resources to Azure.

Anyone recommend some decent getting started guides for VS ? Had a look around, but not found anything for complete noddys so far.

This is the first time I've opened up VS, and also tried using C# and interacting this way with Azure...

thanks
    Start with at least visual studio 2017, anything older is a complete bodge. I would start with the msdn documents and look at azure functions as a starting point.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Lots of stuff in the MSDN Library, such as this for VS 2017: Overview of Visual Studio 2017 | Microsoft Docs

Microsoft also have a site dedicated to tutorials, examples, and so on for Visual Studio Code, much of which is probably also applicable to whichever version of VS you're using: Documentation for Visual Studio Code

Comment

Thanks, have got VS 2017 community edition installed and have managed to create a new console app and copy/paste snippets of code from various web sources in order to connect to Azure and manipulate a storage account, which was objective #1

Will take a look at the link provided and now try to understand exactly what I'm doing !

Comment

Working...
        X