• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone spotted some good techy Black Friday deals?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone spotted some good techy Black Friday deals?

I'm after a couple of things - a NAS primarily - are deals actually good anywhere this year? I don't want to start trawling Amazon et al or I'll end up buying a crapton of things I didn't know I wanted because they seem cheap (which is what they want me to do of course).
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm after a couple of things - a NAS primarily - are deals actually good anywhere this year? I don't want to start trawling Amazon et al or I'll end up buying a crapton of things I didn't know I wanted because they seem cheap (which is what they want me to do of course).
    They have a search on Amazon now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      They have a search on Amazon now.
      We didn't find results for "network access storage" in Black Friday Sale

Have you always been able to search specifically with the sale, that's quite useful? I tend to find that Amazon deals are typically not deals, except "deal of the day" which often are considerably cheaper than you can find elsewhere.

Comment

Anyone spotted an incentive not to cancel Amazon Prime?

They sometimes offer the annual renewal for £59 instead of £79 but appears to be for students only.

I see Black Friday is now Black Bloody Week. Lots of tat on 'offer'. Still looking for inspiration for a couple of crimbo presents.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I saw a couple of good deals but missed the one I was interested in. Great deals on their own devices (as normal).

I saw a deal on iPads on JohnLewis, cheaper than Apple?

Oh and I got a new phone, not sure if that was a Black deal or not... OnePlus6 for £399.

Comment

OnePlus6 for £399.
            Oh dear

Comment

Not Black Friday, but....

https://www.wd.com/en-gb/products/wd...loud-home.html
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Anyone spotted an incentive not to cancel Amazon Prime?

They sometimes offer the annual renewal for £59 instead of £79 but appears to be for students only.

I see Black Friday is now Black Bloody Week. Lots of tat on 'offer'. Still looking for inspiration for a couple of crimbo presents.
                It's slightly better value once you share the prime account with another person at the address. My wife signed up to prime - we both had separate amazon accounts. I get all my quidco cashback converted to amazon vouchers and save them up so I can blow them on toys for me. Now I can spend them on me and get next day delivery etc through the shared prime thing.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                  It's slightly better value once you share the prime account with another person at the address.
                  Have avoided that after local relatives getting me to buy stuff with free prime next day delivery got to be a pain. Just because I WFH doesn't mean I want to be in all day waiting for other people's parcels. I don't buy much myself, sort of reached a plateau of stuff I need.

Got a shortlist of crimbo pressies to see if any good lightening deals come around on Friday or Cyber Monday, otherwise not wasting much time wading through loads of tat offers.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Having had a look at what is on offer with Amazon and various other etailers, my overall reaction is "meh".

Predicted high street reaction:

Reached peak consumerism where most people have all the shiny tat they desire or can afford.

Comment

Working...
                    X