• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A tool to log info about all programs running on a PC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tool to log info about all programs running on a PC?

Hi,

I was wondering in there is a tool for windows 10 to log/capture information about programs and services running or starting on a PC. Hopefully will log startup time.

.... I am try to troubleshoot an app that launches steam -> steam VR and Oculus ....

Process Monitor from SysInternals will get you an insane amount of data if you have the knowledge to narrow it down.

What's the issue?

Comment

Plenty of stuff on the Windows Event Log itself.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I have SteamVR and Oculus rift apps installed on my laptop. My partial understanding is that when I launch Steam VR it also launches Oculus rift app or services for the hmd to work

I also have the Oculus Go and was trying out a software called ALVR that allows you to play steam VR games. This ALVR launches the Steam VR app which unfortunately in turn seems to be loading some oculus app services hence resulting in everything crashing with errors. It must be some sort of service running in the background

A couple days ago I decided to remote desktop into the laptop from my Macbook(.. too lazy to walk to the laptop) to start ALVR and it worked.

So I am thinking RDP is stopping a service/app from running on the laptop hence why ALVR worked. Not sure if it is an oculus/nvidia card service issue. I am hoping that if i know what it is maybe i could figure out a way to stop it just before Steam launches

Comment

thanks,

tracked the offending app in the task manager after comparing remote and normal logon

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
            thanks,

tracked the offending app in the task manager after comparing remote and normal logon
            And it was.......

Comment

Working...
            X