• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any gamedevs on CUK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any gamedevs on CUK?

I was a gamedev out of university and it's what I always wanted to do; it lasted a year and I've done "proper software" since other than the odd contract. I still love the idea and want to make games as a plan B or just for fun some day.

I don't know if there's much of a contract market for this but any other gamedevs here, either professionally or as a hobby?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I was a gamedev out of university and it's what I always wanted to do; it lasted a year and I've done "proper software" since other than the odd contract. I still love the idea and want to make games as a plan B or just for fun some day.

I don't know if there's much of a contract market for this but any other gamedevs here, either professionally or as a hobby?
    Messed about with Unity and VR, so not a game dev but wish I had the time to play about with it. I kinda see the future of pc, using mixed reality/vr so perhaps in 10 years or so it will pay off and be a viable option.

Sorry, I'm doing a lot of "cool story bro" lately.

Comment

How to make a video game: Developers say 'anyone can do it'

Sounds simple enough.

Back in the days of Atari, Commodore, and Spectrum home computing, when you could send your creations in to magazines on a cassette tape and they'd publish the best ones, I once tried creating a simple 3d puzzle game while still at school. It was rejected, but at least they wrote back saying why and to keep trying. Never got round to a 2nd attempt, was distracted by girls and music and going to college and university.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Between the ages of 12 and 19 I worked variously as a freelance and staff developer for a number of game publishing companies. Designed games for Ocean Software. My languages of choice were 6502 and 68000 assembler.

A certain character who has the initials NF on this forum was also a GameDev in his younger days.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

It is a truth, universally acknowledged, that Computer Games Esteemed Customers pong the most.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
          X