• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wifi extender - a new option

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Just too much noise around them in the past. So many out there without the correct BS markings but I accept this has changed now but there is all the history about cheap chargers catching fire so if someone takes a cheap charger, makes it even smaller and attaches it to a 13 amp socket... just doesn't feel right.

Chargers are changing all the time as well. 2.1A now but if you bought one a year or two ago it will be pretty rubbish at charging new generation stuff.

Believe me I love the idea and I am sure I'll pop one in at some point to try, am just nervous about them. I started off in electrical and electronics so I'm probably being paranoid where most will just plug in and forget about it.
    Yeah - I never even considered them as a fire hazard...

they do not seem to give the same level of ampage as when using a plug in charger - but that may just be the type I got.

they have got thinner as well - pretty sure they were 30 ish mm thick when i did the bedrooms 2 years ago

but the one i got in the kitchen is only 20 mm thick.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Yeah - I never even considered them as a fire hazard...

they do not seem to give the same level of ampage as when using a plug in charger - but that may just be the type I got.

they have got thinner as well - pretty sure they were 30 ish mm thick when i did the bedrooms 2 years ago

but the one i got in the kitchen is only 20 mm thick.
      The new ones are rated at 2.1A so they are OK there. I'd have to check they are compatible with fast charging to be sure personally.

That said I'm now intrigued so gonna get one and have a play.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X