• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New amp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New amp

I bought my amp in the early 90s from Richer Sounds. never felt the need to replace it. But now I'd like to be able to cast to it from my phone or other bluetooth device, or play directly to it from any device on my network.

So, any suggestions for a new amp, or a device I can plug into my amp that fulfills the same purpose?

(My children haven't been 12 year olds for years, so there's no point in asking them, and my grandson just isn't old enough).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

depends how hi you want your fi to be, but i've always liked Denon, so maybe look at this??
    https://www.whathifi.com/news/denon-...ereo-amplifier

maybe too cheap though

Comment

Seems a bit cheap... About half the cost of each of my speakers.. 24 years ago. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Seems a bit cheap... About half the cost of each of my speakers.. 24 years ago. 😁
        Try one, things Have got better and cheaper while you've been in your swiss eyrie.
        or look at B&O if you want to impress your chums

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Try one, things Have got better and cheaper while you've been in your swiss eyrie.
          or look at B&O if you want to impress your chums
          Eh? I have no chums?

What about a Yamaha R-N803D? Overall, electronics tend to be cheaper here than in the UK.

Comment

Eh? I have no chums?

What about a Yamaha R-N803D? Overall, electronics tend to be cheaper here than in the UK.
            or one of these? - Quad have been top stuff for as long as i've been playing/listening to music.

Quad VA-One Integrated Valve Amplifier at Audio Affair

Check out all of the hifi shops in Basel and have a listen to a few, take a song you like with a good wide range, and ask them to play through equivalent quality speakers to yours.
            you'll pay a bit more, but it's worth it!

Comment

Eh? I have no chums?

I know, i lived there for two years .
              Haven't heard the Yamaha, - but, again, - good brand

Comment

I've always liked the mid-range Marantz gear. Not quite their reference class, but it also doesn't cost in the mid to high thousands.

I have an MM8077, and I love it.

Comment

Something like this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acekool-Blu...Bluetooth+V4.1

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Hmm. Might get one of those as well. Cheap and cheerful.

At the moment I've got by eye on a Onkyo RN855. https://www.richersounds.com/onkyo-n...-receiver.html

Comment

Working...
                    X