• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Android (OnePlus) - auto-sync only photos in albums/collections?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android (OnePlus) - auto-sync only photos in albums/collections?

I've a 1+3 running the latest version of the Oxygen software, but I don't actually know how different this is from stock Android.

I know I can set it to auto-upload photos but the fact is, most of my photos are guff. My phone has the concept of "collections" in the built-in Gallery app (this is where I'm unsure if it's stock or an add-on) but as far as I can tell that's not mapped to albums or anything.

What I'd like to be able to do is periodically go through my camera roll and categorise anything interesting into albums/collections "our house" "the cat" "summer holiday 2017" etc. And that these albums ARE synced to some cloud storage, most likely my Google account.
    You can sort of do this with Facebook but seemingly only by going into the FB app and uploading photos, rather than binding phone collections to FB albums - and anyway I'd rather not use FB as my primary photo storage, although again it would be nice if you could sync a Drive folder with a FB album.

Is this something I should be able to do fairly easily? Key is that once it is set up, it needs to be easy. Set-up time is OK but if it is a faff to actually maintain, odds are it just isn't going to get done.

Lastly, I recall I can have unlimited free storage of my photos in "high resolution" with Google (not full resolution). If they don't conflict, turning this on and then having photos I actually want synced in full detail would be a nice touch.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Working...
X