• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC wont power up - flashing DRAM LED light

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Ha ha yes of course!
    He checked that already. All present and correct including that plastic thingumyjig that goes over the metal whotsits on the plugy looking thing.

Right bastard trying to force it in to the socket with it on though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is it running an Android operating system?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

RTFM

Page 2-24. "Due to memory tuning requirement, the system automatically reboots when each timing set is tested. If the installed DIMMs still fail to boot after the whole tuning process, the DRAM_LED lights continuously. Replace the DIMMs..."

All indications are that it's the DIMMs that are not correctly installed or not compatible or are simply fsked.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, even though I know desktop stuff I dont do that much of it.

PC was left powered off for two weeks now won;t power on.
          MOBO is an ASUS P6X-58D-E

Symptoms:-

1. DRAM LED light flashes off and on.
          2. Fans (case and PSU) appear to be stopping/starting.
          3. System powers off completely after about 30 seconds.

What I've tried already:-

1. New PSU - Same.
          2. Replaced memory DIMMs - Same.
          3. Removed CMOS battery to reset - Same.
          4. Replaced memory DIMMs completely - Same.
          5. Removed Graphics card - Same.
          6. Pressed and hold MEMOK button - DRAM LED remains solid but system does not boot.
          CPU or motherboard.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            CPU or motherboard.
            the CPU - a dead motherboard probably wouldn't be booting up at all....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              the CPU - a dead motherboard probably wouldn't be booting up at all....
              I'm not sure from the description it is booting up at all. But you could be right.
              I'd replace the 2 together anyway and get newer tech.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I'm not sure from the description it is booting up at all. But you could be right.
                I had the same thing with identical symptons earlier this year when I tried to put a Kaby Lake CPU on a motherboard where the bios (unless updated) only supported Skylake CPUs....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  RTFM

Page 2-24. "Due to memory tuning requirement, the system automatically reboots when each timing set is tested. If the installed DIMMs still fail to boot after the whole tuning process, the DRAM_LED lights continuously. Replace the DIMMs..."

All indications are that it's the DIMMs that are not correctly installed or not compatible or are simply fsked.
                  Ah yes buy DRAM_LED is not lit continuously.

DIMMs worked previously and new DIMM doesnt work.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I'm beginning to think replacement of both might be best option. Is its old after all.

I've been on hols and left the side off. I am wondering if my cat has peed in there (seriously!). Im thinking of renaming one of my cats jack slash he does it so often.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I'm beginning to think replacement of both might be best option. Is its old after all.

I've been on hols and left the side off. I am wondering if my cat has peed in there (seriously!). Im thinking of renaming one of my cats jack slash he does it so often.
                      might be simpler than cat piss. My last mobo went bang with a power cut. It was less than 6 months old though and Amazon returns don't do many checks
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X