• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monitor went pop... what to get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Monitor went pop, connectors went crackle, cable went snap.

Fixing the snap may well resolve the crackle & pop. That’s Rice Krispy Fault Finding.
    you off your meds again, or is it that friday feeling ??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      so is the old monitor REALLY broken?
      Probably not but I like my new one, so I'll probably use both.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

So my Mac Mini supports a maximum of 2560x1440 through DisplayPort and only 1920x1200 from the HDMI port, though I can use both at once.

A full 4K monitor therefore seems a bit daft... in fact would driving it at 2560*1440 look crap anyway? Is 2560x1440 a standard resolution, that monitors are built to... and does it have a moniker like 3K or super-duper-VGA I can use for searching?

My backup monitor is making an annoying noise so may have to go too; I'm considering a landscape 2560x1440 and a portrait HD monitor could be one option. Maybe get the former and see if I need the latter.

UPDATE
        Yes it's WQHD. Seems ~£300 is the going rate. I saw the Dell U2515H and a 27" Ilyama at that price... decisions decisions!

The Dell U2518D is £100 more than the U1515H but same sort of featureset... is this just for more serious users like gamers?
        Last edited by d000hg; 29 September 2017, 22:31.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

After some humming and hawing I eventually ordered: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PRCRWRU

The reviews are just so good it seemed worth the extra and you get extra ports. I was going for the 25" but capitalised on leaving FRS VAT to get a 'free' upgrade to the 27" now I can reclaim 20%!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            After some humming and hawing I eventually ordered: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PRCRWRU

The reviews are just so good it seemed worth the extra and you get extra ports. I was going for the 25" but capitalised on leaving FRS VAT to get a 'free' upgrade to the 27" now I can reclaim 20%!
            Amazon doesn't list the full spec and I'm lazy. What inputs does it have? I need three so I don't have to keep unplugging stuff

Comment

Originally posted by AMAZON
              -Smoothly pivot 90° clockwise or counter-clockwise, placing the thinnest edges side-by-side for an enhanced viewing experience, especially ideal for dual or multi-monitor set up.

-The U2715H is VESA-compatible, so you can wall mount your monitor or attach it to the optional Dell Single Monitor Arm.

-For convenient connections to other devices in your workspace, the U2715H provides two HDMI (MHL) ports, a DisplayPort, a mini-DisplayPort and USB 3.0 ports. Quickly charge BC1.2 compatible and other USB devices with a USB 3.0 port found on the rear of the monitor that supplies high-speed charging and powering.
              Only thing not 100% listed is how many USB ports but from the photo I think it's one on the side and 4 at the back, a proper hub.

Comment

Working...
              X