• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merging data between two SQL servers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merging data between two SQL servers

I've got a dilemma, one SQL server has all information I need, but is too slow to create intermediary tables, another is fast enough to create the intermediary tables, but is missing the data needed for the final step, all tables are too big for me to put on my local machine, and the connection between rstudio/SAS to SQL servers is out of maintenance at my company, anyone ever had a problem like this they have resolved before?

Couldn't you use a database link, to move the data where you created the intermediary tables?

It won't perform very well though.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Sounds link you need linked databases and proper indexes. Or Sybase....

Comment

Many ways to skin a cat: Bulk insert (set recovery model to BULK LOGGED), bcp, SSIS package (might be too slow). backup, copy, restore.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
        X