• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Android Nougat 7.0

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Nougat 7.0

Erm.. Now the red mist has cleared and I'm thinking straight let me try that again.

So has anyone found anything good this this ******* update at all? I'm totally wazzed off with it. So much stuff that worked well has just gone.

Battery saver option is pants with no extreme saver anymore. Well there is but it's a pain in the ass.
    Constant messages about apps need putting to sleep.
    No time to charge on lock screen. Well it does seem to appear but either with a massive delay or not at all.
    Delay between phone ringing and caller info coming
    Brightness slider on pull down gone (actually fixed that one now)
    It's messed about with the look of my contacts
    Pain in ass to pick secondary numbers for contacts.
    Some games got borked and are slowly being fixed.

The longer I've got it the more I notice stuff as has gone or take longer to carry out.

I'm yet to find one good thing about it that's an improvement. I've read through a number of the 'Things you can do in Marshmallow Nougat blogs and most of them are utterly useless.

Is it just me or does anyone else have any opinions on the update?
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 18 July 2017, 14:10. Reason: FTFY
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Just admit defeat and buy an iPhone.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Just admit defeat and buy an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        . Definitely an improvement on Marshmallow.
        It is? I must be missing something big then...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I've found it works our roughly the same once you factor in the resale price of an iPhone

Comment

I've found it works our roughly the same once you factor in the resale price of an iPhone
            You factored in screen replacements?

Comment

It is? I must be missing something big then...
              I stand corrected. I just replaced my phone which was 3 years old and on Lollipop. Nougat is way better.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You factored in screen replacements?
                Never needed one and that includes the family - just put on a decent screen protector and its good to go...

In face the only screen anyone has ever broken in this family was a nexus....

Comment

Never needed one and that includes the family - just put on a decent screen protector and its good to go...

In face the only screen anyone has ever broken in this family was a nexus....
                  Thought you might say that. Not the experience we have in my house with the two lads and looking at everyone on the tram on the way in though

But anyway, back on topic or I'll have to start issuing infractions....

Comment

KUATB.
                    Hasn't Nougat been out ages? I'm sure it's been on my S7 since last year...just checked it came out Aug 2016. Where u been NLUK?
                    Clarity is everything

Comment

Working...
                    X