• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any SAPs out there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea of this is that we don't need to make any changes to the datasource databases, so no creating a stored procedure.

Having said that, they are happy for us to do so.

But I don't want to change the code to call a stored procedure if I can help it - I'm trying to keep it as generic as possible.

So we'd need to call the SP from the sql command, so would still have the issue of passing paramters to the sql so that it could pass them to the SP.

If I do need to change the code, I will, but we've got this solution working nicely for about a dozen customers already, so if I can avoid specific code for specific customers I'd prefer to.

I'm pretty sure it's just a syntax thing - just frustrating not to be able to sit and play with it without the pain of a webex with everyone watching!

I'll try NAT's download and see if I can get that working.

Comment

In case anyone cares, we got round it by creating a stored procedure whose signature took all the parameters in the order that the odbc command is passing them, then changed the sql command to just call the sp (so no code change). Not perfect, but it works and I get paid

Comment

Working...
      X