• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Protecting canvas on a soft top car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protecting canvas on a soft top car

A friend of mine has an open top convertible car with a soft canvas-like (?) roof, and obviously this material is subject to mildew and suchlike.

Can anyone recommend the best treatment to coat or impregnate this canvas material and render it waterproof and mildew proof and generally rot proof?

TIA
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

I have used Autoglym cleaner and proofer with great success
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Fabsil - works very well, and cheap if you buy a 5L can online (don't buy it from Halfrauds) which will last for ages .

Don't bother with the expensive alternatives out there.
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
      X