• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OnePlus 5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnePlus 5

Anyone watching the launch event?

Just get on with it and tell me the price!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

From £449

Anyone who didn't watch the launch event who wants to go for the early drop (dispatch from tomorrow, a week early), I have the code to get access to it.
    Last edited by TheFaQQer; 20 June 2017, 16:45.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Would be interested to know how this holds up against the U11.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        From £449
        So much for budget flagship killer then. That's about 50% up on the 1+3 which was the last full version only one year ago (I got mine in July for £309). £450 puts it outside the reach of a huge swath of their previous market, surely?

My 1+3 has 6Gb RAM and 64Gb storage. Given the 1+5 has prices "from £449", RAM "up to 8Gb" and storage "up to 128Gb" it sounds like that 50% price hike merely gets you a better camera (and a better CPU but thats par for the course without changing price point).
        Last edited by d000hg; 20 June 2017, 23:20.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I wouldn't, rather get a pixel
          Join IPSE

Comment

Hopefully they will start paying UK VAT rather than lying about their agents paying it.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              So much for budget flagship killer then. That's about 50% up on the 1+3 which was the last full version only one year ago (I got mine in July for £309). £450 puts it outside the reach of a huge swath of their previous market, surely?

My 1+3 has 6Gb RAM and 64Gb storage. Given the 1+5 has prices "from £449", RAM "up to 8Gb" and storage "up to 128Gb" it sounds like that 50% price hike merely gets you a better camera (and a better CPU but thats par for the course without changing price point).
              They abandoned the budget line with the OPT - prices have gone up and up since then, in the same way the Nexus 6P is more than the Nexus 6, the 5 and the 4 (4 was crazy stupid pricing, 5 was OK, 6 way too expensive).

3T cost £439 for the 128GB model, so it's 13% more than the phone I bought in January.

Pixel with 128GB is £699, Pixel XL with 128GB is £819
              Last edited by TheFaQQer; 21 June 2017, 08:59.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                They abandoned the budget line with the OPT - prices have gone up and up since then, in the same way the Nexus 6P is more than the Nexus 6, the 5 and the 4 (4 was crazy stupid pricing, 5 was OK, 6 stupid).

3T cost £439 for the 128GB model, so it's 13% more than the phone I bought in January.
                I regretfully fear we have seen the last of the breed with the Nexus 5. I am still wondering what my next phone will be. A 1+ or a Wiley Fox looked favourite, but much less so now. I don't know of anything where I can get a vanilla android device at a fair price any more.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

whilst price is a factor, the main point to me is the operating system...OnePlus bespoke OS is not something I got on with
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    I regretfully fear we have seen the last of the breed with the Nexus 5. I am still wondering what my next phone will be. A 1+ or a Wiley Fox looked favourite, but much less so now. I don't know of anything where I can get a vanilla android device at a fair price any more.
                    Motorola Moto Gn (whatever the latest number is) - my family have had the 3, 4 and 5 at different stages and they are nice phones, near stock Android and quite cheap.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X