• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Android tablet for my 8 year old kid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy him a few of these, it's a bargain as the price has dropped by £1370.40: https://www.astringo.co.uk/shop/refu...FQaeGwodyJ0EQw
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Kindle Fire for £49 - disposable tech at it's best. It was on sale for £35 few weeks back as they were clearing stock for the new model, was considering getting one "just because", cheap as chips. Too bad sal.jr has developed taste for Apple tech from a tender age and is having none of this cheap android malarky.

Comment

I thought 'Android tablet for my 8 year old kid' was going to be a swap offer at first. Plenty of Tories on here. They love that sorta thing.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          They don't need to be directors. Buy it as a business asset anyway. For testing some apps you are working on innit.
          R&D, yes, my company does a lot of that.

Comment

Asus Zenpad S 8- inch tablet . Model number: Z580C-1B005A. Fantastic bit of kit for £139.00.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              Kindle Fire for £49 - disposable tech at it's best. It was on sale for £35 few weeks back as they were clearing stock for the new model, was considering getting one "just because", cheap as chips. Too bad sal.jr has developed taste for Apple tech from a tender age and is having none of this cheap android malarky.
              What OS/App store do the Kindles use, I assume it's not the stock Google Play store
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                What OS/App store do the Kindles use, I assume it's not the stock Google Play store
                Amazon App Store, Fire OS - based on Android.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Got kindle fire for £35.
                  Booted fireOS once and immediately put cyanogenmod 12.1 on it. Took 10 mins tops.
                  Now having a stock android 5.1.1. with google play and everything.
                  The hardware is crap, but it is £35.

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
                    Got kindle fire for £35.
                    Booted fireOS once and immediately put cyanogenmod 12.1 on it. Took 10 mins tops.
                    Now having a stock android 5.1.1. with google play and everything.
                    The hardware is crap, but it is £35.
                    Are there reliable downloads for cyanogenmod these days now that they've shut down? I tried to find one at one stage but couldn't get the version I needed for that particular phone.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Are there reliable downloads for cyanogenmod these days now that they've shut down? I tried to find one at one stage but couldn't get the version I needed for that particular phone.
                      I got 12.1 from xda forum. Nothing is 100% safe when it comes to custom ROMs.
                      Lineageos is the next CM. Run latest android on a sony sp. Runs like charm.
                      Last edited by pscont; 19 June 2017, 23:00.

Comment

Working...
                      X