• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best free Word-compatible app for OSX?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best free Word-compatible app for OSX?

I'm not au fait with open-source things really, or Mac things, but currently only my Mac is set up after moving home and I need to generate an invoice from my Word template

Is it OpenOffice I want, or LibreOffice, or some other variant? I don't currently use the Mac enough to get Office for it, and I don't have 365.

Cheers
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Pages

Comment

https://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/index.php

Actually forget that they've started charging for it now....
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Microsoft Word Online - https://products.office.com/en-gb/of...-office-online
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Or Office 365 trial: https://products.office.com/en-gb/try

Comment

I use LibreOffice, mainly because previous ClientCo. did. It's pretty awful to be honest, though whether it's worse than the MS offerings I have no idea as I'm not a document monkey. But I will say I have no trouble using the old SJD Excel spreadsheet and invoice template with LibreCalc.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Free Microsoft office: incl free Microsoft Word, Excel - MSE

"Apple recently made all iWork programs free to download for ALL Mac and iPhone/iPad users (previously you had to have bought a device recently). Handily, iWork programs can access files created in Office programs, and you can save iWork files to work vice versa.

If you've a newer machine you might find they're already installed. If not, you can download them via the links below or by searching the Mac or iOS App Store."
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I never used the Apple products, worth a shot.

I also installed LibreOffice Vanilla which is some bundled version for Mac (I didn't follow the details, just installed it). It looks like a Win 3.1 program running in OSX but seemed to work OK so far... the online Word couldn't handle my incredibly complex (not) invoice template with it's controversial use of a text box.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Apple products - free and web enabled. Not as over featured as Office but good enough

Comment

Working...
                  X