• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transmit TV signal (Freeview) wirelessly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adubya
    replied
    Do you get a strong TV signal ? Perhaps a small indoor DVB antenna would work.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Transmit TV signal (Freeview) wirelessly?

Get a cromcast or amazon stick and stream or cast

Job done

+ you will get 4K or HD the Telly signal ones are like watching 80’s TV quality

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 27 January 2020, 20:04.

Leave a comment:

• LariPilot
    replied
    Hi...it is wireless between the transmitter and your aerial. You can't have a wireless connection between the aerial and your TV. It would be illegal and interfere with others.
    You either can use the complicated system in post 2 which still requires a cable connection or find a way to run an aerial feed. I'm sure an aerial installer would find a way of running a cable.

Last edited by LariPilot; 1 December 2021, 19:46.

Leave a comment:

• Snarf
    replied
    Depending on how strong the signal is in your area you might not need one at all..

I have a TV in the office for playing old NES & SNES games on. When tuning it for the consoles it picked up all of the freeview channels - the coax wire from the tv to the console (around 1m) was long enough to act as an aerial.

The alternative would be an indoor aerial - there are a load of decent ones that will attach to the wall quite discreetly.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Alias View Post
    I've got one using homeplugs and another p2p not much in it for quality...as its Amazon, not a problem to send back if it doesn't work for you
    Would this interfere with other homeplug use?

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Looks like a neat product but then I need a p2p ethernet cable between the two rooms. Unless I miss something, I might as easily just wire a coaxial cable instead?!
    I've got one using homeplugs and another p2p not much in it for quality...as its Amazon, not a problem to send back if it doesn't work for you

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Slingbox would work with an Amazon Firestick plugged into the telly.

Buy SLINGBOX 350 HD Media Streamer | Free Delivery | Currys

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    HDHomeRunner sounds like what you need

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Alias View Post
    This works pretty well for me, no issues
    Looks like a neat product but then I need a p2p ethernet cable between the two rooms. Unless I miss something, I might as easily just wire a coaxial cable instead?!

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    This works pretty well for me, no issues

Leave a comment:

Working...
X