• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transmit TV signal (Freeview) wirelessly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTFH
    replied
    I used to have a wireless transmitter, you attached one part to a freeview box, including a bit that went over the infrared receiver.
    The second part plugged in to the tv and had an IR receiver on it. You could use the freeview remote to control the freeview box.

Option 2, get a smart TV and use an app like ToView on your tablet, then cast from there to the TV. (Or if the TV has BBC iPlayer built in, you can watch BBC channels live)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Transmit TV signal (Freeview) wirelessly?

Transmit TV signal (Freeview) wirelessly?

NewHouse has wired TV points in several rooms but sadly not in the room I use as an office, and I'm loathe to pull up floorboards and make a mess routing a cable as the office is as far as could be from the TV aerial... 2 floors away on the opposite corner of the house.

In these modern times, is there an easy way to transmit my TV signal from an aerial socket (coaxial) via WiFi or other wireless medium? Or even through the mains, akin to HomePlug networking? Maybe simply re-broadcasting the signal so I can pick it up with a portable TV aerial; sometimes the low-tech option is the best.

I've access to either the main aerial splitter in the loft, or one of several aerial points in near-by rooms.

Working...
X