• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using VPN to access Netflix in the UK from abroad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I've heard good things about Freedome from F-Secure. They're based in Sweden. Not tried them yet, on my to do list to have a bash at the free trial.
    Cheers, I'll look them up.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Recently I signed up after doing a bit of research in VPN's to a company called NordVPN. It gets rave reviews in the press and they do have some decent offers on subscriptions. I signed up for a two year deal which worked out at about GBP 2.50p a month, a good deal. The software installed fine on Win 10 and I got a connection to a UK based VPN server no problem. My IP address looked as though I was connected to an ISP in Manchester despite me being in Asia. Great stuff, BBC iPlayer worked just fine. So, I tried logging into Netflix with my UK account. Logged in OK but big chunks of content were missing. So I signed out of the VPN and logged back in to Netflix, same result, I was logged in but tons of stuff just not there. It seems like Netflix are smart to the use of NordVPN and their IP addresses in the UK. I trawled the NordVPN website and found a footnote at the bottom of a Blog page that said they only support Netflix streaming fully in the USA and France. Looks like Netflix in the UK is a tougher nut to crack.

So, I mailed NordVPN to cancel the subscription. They have offered a full refund, I'll wait and see if I get my money back. The final thing to comment about is that NordVPN are based in Panama and while this may be very good for your privacy, I am not that happy to think I gave my credit card details to a Panamanian company I actually know little about other than the rave reviews they get on line in the ezines.

Just thought I'd share that..............
      Why didn't you try the US servers of NordVPN? however I use ExpressVPN US servers for Netflix US in UAE, I am able to unblock all the US content which earlier was unavailable in my country. The US servers are good speed and seem to work for me so far. Getting a US IP is important when unblocking US library

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Just thought I'd share that..............
        Bit like they will be doing with your personal details and credit card I guess
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X