• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CCTV recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCTV recommendations

Some daft nonce has decided to throw some dog poo at my car this morning, as possibly they think I've not cleaned up after my dog outside their place. This couldn't be further from the truth as I'm proper anti lazy owners who are too lazy/feckless to clean up after their dog. They don't deserve own one. Even in fields I'll still pick it up and bin it.

Looking for a small CCTV camera that I can stick in the window and catch them doing it.

There's a Maplin down the road, but not sure if their stuff is any good. Thing with these things are their security is pants and is a major hole for the hackers.

TIA

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Why leave anything to chance, get a decent system in

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Went for this one in the end.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Get a microwave.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Make your dog look different from theirs by giving it a lovely accessories that stand out.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Make your dog look different from theirs by giving it a lovely accessories that stand out.
            Or add some food colouring to its food to enable easy identification of the resulting output
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                As poodles are very intelligent always wonder how they put up with being groomed like that...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have a nest camera, fairly expensive with a subscription. Can't fault it.

Had a y-cam but the software was crap, might have improved though.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    Went for this one in the end.

qh
                    I bought a £30 crap one from Amazon.
                    Hooked it up to iSpy running on a PC. Worked great. The iSpy software can be configured to only record video when movement is detected in a preconfigured area of the shot.

I cought the youths throwing stones at my house using this setup.
                    The coppers came round and looked at the footage and recognised the culprits immediately.
                    They also said how the setup was not useful in court. So it depends what you want to do with the evidence.
                    Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Working...
                    X