• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaming PC's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I've just bought this graphics card MSI GeForce GTX 1080 - 546.89 from amazon - not got it yet though but seems cheap for a 1080.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Just seen the price change to £499.95. If you are within the refund period, phone Amazon customer service and ask for a refund...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Just seen the price change to £499.95. If you are within the refund period, phone Amazon customer service and ask for a refund...
      I thought that might happen when I saw your post about the TI - just couldnt wait to install it I'm onto Amazon to see what they can do though not going to worry too much about £50 quid after all my company paid for this for multi-monitor support

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I thought that might happen when I saw your post about the TI - just couldnt wait to install it I'm onto Amazon to see what they can do though not going to worry too much about £50 quid after all my company paid for this for multi-monitor support
        They are usually quite accommodating and reasonable and can manipulate prices to an extend. One of my deliveries went missing, so they had me to cancel the order and re-order it, when i pointed out that i mad the original order at a much lower price (can't remember if it was deal or the price just went up in the meantime) they told me to do the re-order anyway and give them the order number so they went in and adjusted the price manually to the original order price.

Worst case scenario if they refuse to refund you the price difference - start a return procedure for the original order and make a new order at the lower price, when the item arrives - send it right back as a return of the original item, no need to remove the already installed GPU, package it etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          They are usually quite accommodating and reasonable and can manipulate prices to an extend. One of my deliveries went missing, so they had me to cancel the order and re-order it, when i pointed out that i mad the original order at a much lower price (can't remember if it was deal or the price just went up in the meantime) they told me to do the re-order anyway and give them the order number so they went in and adjusted the price manually to the original order price.

Worst case scenario if they refuse to refund you the price difference - start a return procedure for the original order and make a new order at the lower price, when the item arrives - send it right back as a return of the original item, no need to remove the already installed GPU, package it etc.
          Great idea! They refused to refund the price difference, bit annoyed but there you go, eager beaver!
          Last edited by woohoo; 3 March 2017, 16:05.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post

I've done the same myself in the past - delivery and collection came on the same day so I asked the driver to wait 2 minutes as I opened the box removed the despatch note added the return slip and put on the return label.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              I used to build every 2-3 years but that has slowly drawn out, to a point where I dont even have a schedule for my next one.
              Yeah there's on point for regular work or coding. Windows is seemingly more efficient now than it used to be so why upgrade just for the sake of it.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

£1500 - man, just go flying for real!

Comment

Working...
                X