• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaming PC's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming PC's

Any recommendations for getting a new gaming rig, budget around £1500 maybe more. Pre-built, build yer own, what have you got?

Mostly just for x-plane 11 so multi monitor graphics card or cards but I'll be running some VM's as well.
    Me, me, me...

The 4K Gaming PC – Best Gaming PC for £1,500 / $2,000

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K – £219 at Overclockers.co.uk | $240 at Amazon.com
    Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro – £168 at Overclockers.co.uk | $175 at Amazon.com
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz – £112 at Ebuyer.com | $125 at Newegg.com
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 – £570 at Overclockers.co.uk | $580 at Amazon.com
    SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB – £122 at Ebuyer.com | $130 at Newegg.com
    HDD: Toshiba 3TB HDD – £80 at Overclockers.co.uk | $89 at Amazon.com
    Power Supply: EVGA GQ 80 Plus Gold 650W – £87 at Amazon.co.uk | $74 at Amazon.com
    Case: Corsair 400C Black Window – £95 at Amazon.co.uk | $97 at Amazon.com
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D14– £65 at Overclockers.co.uk | $66 at Amazon.com
    Read more at http://trustedreviews.com/news/best-...6BDG8woBMKI.99
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      The 4K Gaming PC – Best Gaming PC for £1,500 / $2,000

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K – £219 at Overclockers.co.uk | $240 at Amazon.com
      Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro – £168 at Overclockers.co.uk | $175 at Amazon.com
      RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz – £112 at Ebuyer.com | $125 at Newegg.com
      Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 – £570 at Overclockers.co.uk | $580 at Amazon.com
      SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB – £122 at Ebuyer.com | $130 at Newegg.com
      HDD: Toshiba 3TB HDD – £80 at Overclockers.co.uk | $89 at Amazon.com
      Power Supply: EVGA GQ 80 Plus Gold 650W – £87 at Amazon.co.uk | $74 at Amazon.com
      Case: Corsair 400C Black Window – £95 at Amazon.co.uk | $97 at Amazon.com
      Cooler: Noctua NH-D14– £65 at Overclockers.co.uk | $66 at Amazon.com
      Read more at Best Gaming PC: The ultimate PC-building guide February 2017
      probably worth waiting a week for the Ryzen chips to appear as there seems to be discounts appearing on intel's top of the range chips.. The Ryzen chips are 8 core however so probably not much use for what you want it for...

Also ssd rather than an M.2 chip?
      Last edited by eek; 27 February 2017, 19:40.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        probably worth waiting a week for the Ryzen chips to appear as there seems to be discounts appearing on intel's top of the range chips.. The Ryzen chips are 8 core however so probably not much use for what you want it for...

Also ssd rather than an M.2 chip?
        +1 for the AMD Ryzen CPUs even if they turn out to be more hype than actual performance, they will cause Intel to drop their prices a bit.

Samsung 960 Evo is M.2 NVMe

I always assemble myself as i like it and it costs less.

What NLUK suggested looks good, with the exception that I would swap the Noctua cooler with Corsair Hxxx pre-built liquid coolers - similar price and not a big fan of having 2lb+ of cooler dragging on the MB. If you find the corsair fan too loud - swap it with Noctua fan

Currently running i7 4770 on ASUS Maximus formula VI MB with 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum, 250GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 3TB WD black, 3 x Radeon 290X GPUs, 1200W Superflower PSU. All custom liquid cooling loop with XSPC blocks and pump in corsair Obsidian 750D case. Served me well for 3.5 years with just the PSU giving up the ghost about 2 years ago, swapped under warranty.

Comment

I've just bought this graphics card MSI GeForce GTX 1080 - 546.89 from amazon - not got it yet though but seems cheap for a 1080.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

A PS4, coke and hookers. HTHBIDI
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

1080TI is available for pre-orders tomorrow. should be about £600 all in

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                1080TI is available for pre-orders tomorrow. should be about £600 all in
                For a serious rig you're going to need two though eh?
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  For a serious rig you're going to need two though eh?
                  X-plane 11 doesn't play well with SLI so best to max out a single card...

Comment

Not built an "invoicing/coding" PC build since 2011, and its still running Excel, Word, Visual Studio and SQL Server without any problems.

The twin SSDs, i7 2600 and Nvidia 580 still perform well enough.

I used to build every 2-3 years but that has slowly drawn out, to a point where I dont even have a schedule for my next one.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X