• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

40+ Site Unmanaged WAN

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=portseven;2378686]She was hired as head of marketing!!! Getting involved due to previous job having 'IT' in the title

The Meraki stuff looks interesting, they just need some segments in place with some ACL's plus some central VPN[/QUO

If there is not an IT team with a networking skill set this is most probably something you want to bring in a 3rd party to do for you. There are lots of companies that can do this as a service for cheaper than this company can do it themselves. They key is not to get to bogged down in the technical solution at first but to focus on what the requirements are and how the service will be managed once everything is rolled out. I'm on the bench at the moment so would be happy to have a quick phone call to go through what your options and approach could be. PM me if you are interested,

Comment

Originally posted by davetza View Post
      If there is not an IT team with a networking skill set this is most probably something you want to bring in a 3rd party to do for you. There are lots of companies that can do this as a service for cheaper than this company can do it themselves. They key is not to get to bogged down in the technical solution at first but to focus on what the requirements are and how the service will be managed once everything is rolled out. I'm on the bench at the moment so would be happy to have a quick phone call to go through what your options and approach could be. PM me if you are interested,
      +1 - this is something you employ a company to do and run for you. It ain't worth the hassle doing it yourself even if you have suitable IT staff which by the sounds of it they don't
      Last edited by eek; 27 February 2017, 14:51.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

+1 - this is something you employ someone to do and run for you. It ain't worth the hassle doing it yourself even if you have suitable IT staff which by the sounds of it they don't

I was actually going to suggest he gave my Mum a call, she's at a loose end and I can supply her all the relevant pages from Wiki
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          +1 For Meraki

Depending on how big each of the sites are there should be a suitable option for all, not cheap but they will have to realise if they want it done right it will cost them
          Just been having a good look at that stuff today, very impressed. Know a few places that would be very suitable for, looks like rolling out a good WAN would be relatively easy for someone with that.
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Indeed outsource to a decent firm.

Plenty of big suppliers BT/AT&T etc.

Let them do the security properly & any running about.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Run out some DMVPN between the hub and spokes and make things easier than running lots of p2p VPN's

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
                Run out some DMVPN between the hub and spokes and make things easier than running lots of p2p VPN's
                or hub and spoke it via Azure or AWS.
                Still means managing the VPNs but there will be a lot less of them and also leaves a central, sensible place for new services.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                  Just been having a good look at that stuff today, very impressed. Know a few places that would be very suitable for, looks like rolling out a good WAN would be relatively easy for someone with that.
                  BTW - They went with Meraki, good a good deal and will be using MX65W's plus the device management, its good stuff.
                  Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                  X