• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF Microsoft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF Microsoft

My Windows VM I run through parallels to RDP to my work PC updated itself - seemingly to some insider preview though I don't recall ever signing up to that - and now RDP doesn't work... the shift key doesn't work in full-screen RDP sessions only windowed.

RDP. FFS, they broke remote desktop. Unbelievable. I found some chat online that this has been a known bug for 2-3 months at least.

Currently "restoring your previous version of windows" which I never tried before... no idea what version it's trying to roll back to or how long this will take.

Presumably I can bill MS for the loss of working time...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Roll back is usually pretty painless so fingers crossed you will be OK. I use RDP a heck of a lot as well so will not be impressed if I get that update

Comment

Seems OK. My VM had auto-updated to version 1511 from 14-something (my main desktop is on 1607)

Weirdly, my VM seems while running to have jumped back to 1511 again, I'm wondering if it's going to keep re-applying the update or something.

AArgh.

Comment

That's why i have disabled the automatic updates with a group policy, it still moans about new updates once a day but i just dismiss the annoying prompt.

Still can't get myself to implement the Final solution and run a WSUS where you still have proper control over what reaches the clients.

Comment

Aren't you mac based? Can't you use the Mac RDP client to talk to the remote windows machine?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Aren't you mac based? Can't you use the Mac RDP client to talk to the remote windows machine?
            I have to VPN and I prefer to run the VPN sandboxed, hence I run a VM through parallels and RDP from there (plus the Mac version of the VPN and RDP clients aren't amazing)

Comment

Working...
            X