• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cloud storage for sensitive documents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud storage for sensitive documents

Standard modern cloud architecture:

- AWS SQL Server engine
    - Azure API Service (C# ASP.NET Web API 2)
    - Angular front end application

I'm trying to figure how to secure documents that are uploaded so that they can only be accessed via the API layer and not open to the public (or a one-time link which is produced by some cloud storage service that the API returns). Does anybody have any experience with such a scenario?

These 2 seem like they may help:

https://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/services/cdn/

No idea if this is right and no experience with the security side of it.....

Much appreciated for anybody that helps!

You don't exactly install confidence. I hope my details don't end up on your system somewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You don't exactly install confidence. I hope my details don't end up on your system somewhere....
      Never have I seen a plan that shows how little the op knows.and given I get the totally idiot clients that saying something.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Never have I seen a plan that shows how little the op knows.and given I get the totally idiot clients that saying something.
        A total legend in his lifetime though....

Oh, hang on.......

He's not even capable of speccing his own PC
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          A total legend in his lifetime though....

Oh, hang on.......

He's not even capable of speccing his own PC
          But he's an expert dev that's had his dream gig.....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You do realise that they are CDNs and completely unfit for what you're trying to achieve right?

You should tell ClientCo to call an expert if they care about data security.
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
              You do realise that they are CDNs and completely unfit for what you're trying to achieve right?

You should tell ClientCo to call an expert if they care about data security.
              I believe he is the aforementioned "expert", or at least that's what his Client Co thinks
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just rename the sensitive file to "shopping list.doc" and you'll be fine.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  I believe he is the aforementioned "expert", or at least that's what his Client Co thinks
                  A true contractor, in fact!
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Leave your rants for General you buffoons.

I know what I'm doing, sorted out SSL with JWT token authentication and already been successfully implemented at other sites with Azure infrastructure. Documents are not government level sensitive but just need a solid level of security when uploading so that they can be accessed by a one time link or renamed after every use using some kind of token generation. Nothing complicated for me, perhaps for some people on this thread and elsewhere on the forum it may be a bit too much.....

Comment

Working...
                    X