• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cloud storage for sensitive documents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    You do realise that they are CDNs and completely unfit for what you're trying to achieve right?

You should tell ClientCo to call an expert if they care about data security.
    This is for plan B, so I am the client!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You don't exactly install confidence. I hope my details don't end up on your system somewhere....
      I'll make sure every person's documents are secured except for yours.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Leave your rants for General you buffoons.

I know what I'm doing, sorted out SSL with JWT token authentication and already been successfully implemented at other sites with Azure infrastructure. Documents are not government level sensitive but just need a solid level of security when uploading so that they can be accessed by a one time link or renamed after every use using some kind of token generation. Nothing complicated for me, perhaps for some people on this thread and elsewhere on the forum it may be a bit too much.....
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securi...ough_obscurity

A system or component relying on obscurity may have theoretical or actual security vulnerabilities, but its owners or designers believe that if the flaws are not known, that will be sufficient to prevent a successful attack. Security experts have rejected this view as far back as 1851.

Comment

err only problem is I'm not suggesting using that principle. A forum isn't a place to go into detail for technical requirements, especially not with unhelpful people like yourself. Have a bit of respect for the forum, if you don't have the ability to help then bugger off back to General and continue your uselessness there.

Comment

You would be better of spending your time of here and networking in person with real people so you can discuss things like security.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'd hate to be the person who recommended a cloud solution if the data got hacked in some way, a bit like the old adage that no-one got sacked for recommending IBM. Anyone specced out a system using RethinkDB which folded at the end of last year?

Cloud is the future and is probably more secure than the majority of in-house systems, but if the security is breached it will be the fact that some idiot decided to put it in the cloud that will be the hot topic.

Comment

No idea if this is right and no experience with the security side of it.....
                I know what I'm doing, Nothing complicated for me, perhaps for some people on this thread and elsewhere on the forum it may be a bit too much.....
                A forum isn't a place to go into detail for technical requirements.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

This is for plan B, so I am the client!
                  You can't have it both ways and claim to be an expert, and then propose completely inappropriate solutions. I still recommend that the client hires someone who knows what they're doing.....
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                  X