• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoverboards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoverboards

Daughter wants one for birthday - has anyone got any real experience with one of them?

Rather than just anecdotal 'they explode' type stories?

Yep we got one. Kids will play on it a bit, adults and friends will try it, someone will get hurt. They will get bored of it and it will get in the way for evermore after that. Worst thing we've bought in a long time.

And on the fire thing I used to sweat bricks when it was on charge.. Which is never nowadays.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 2 February 2017, 08:57.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Yep we got one. Kids will play on it a bit, adults and friends will try it, someone will get hurt. They will get bored of it and it will get in the way for evermore after that. Worst thing we've bought in a long time.
      At least if you landed on your head there shouldn't have been too much damage done
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        At least if you landed on your head there shouldn't have been too much damage done
        Lol... I'm going to the bar. Would you like a pint of f**k you bringing back?

Comment

Lol... I'm going to the bar. Would you like a pint of f**k you bringing back?
          I didn't know you cared, I'll have 2 pints whilst you are there, please
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yeah I kind of realises it would become something to gather dust and trip over.

But I just wanted to get a half decent one that would not blow up

What make did you get?

Comment

Who would have thought eh! Watching back to the future all those years ago and here we are asking about which hoverboard to get.

And... the answer is you will get bored of it after 5 mins. Marty Mcfly would be turning in his grave.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Yeah I kind of realises it would become something to gather dust and trip over.

But I just wanted to get a half decent one that would not blow up

What make did you get?
                I can't remember to be fair but it was recalled by Amazon sometime later. Oddly enough it was because the plug was not CE approved or something, nothing to do with the batteries but Amazon withdrew them all. This was last year when it was all over the news.

Personally I'd put your foot down and just say no on this one. Just look around, no one is on them anymore. I believe there are rules about using them on pavements now or something as well and they are heavy buggers to lug about.

Taking in to account the risks and cost for the very short time they will spend on it I wish I'd said no.

Comment

Yep we got one. Kids will play on it a bit, adults and friends will try it, someone will get hurt. They will get bored of it and it will get in the way for evermore
                  So like a Segway then?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    So like a Segway then?
                    Yeah exactly. Its just a Segway without the handle. We've done city tours on segways so were able to jump on it and be off in a couple of minutes. Just as easy to fall off hard for the first timers.

They are clever I must admit.. just nowhere to use them etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X