• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend an MP3 player

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend an MP3 player

New gig is a 30-minute drive from home to the office, so I'm looking for an MP3 player that I can either connect via bluetooth or aux input to my car stereo. I don't really want to swap out the stereo as it's a Landrover all-in one thing.

Anyone got one they would recommend?

Anyone got one they would not recommend?

cheers folks

Do you have a smartphone? Can it play mp3s?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well, yes, but I'd prefer to have something I could just dump in the car and leave (hidden).

Comment

Does your car have a USB port or memory card slot?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sadly no. Ageing Landrover Disco 3, 3.5mm stereo jack only, fitted with bluetooth OEM kit, Nokia CK-7W

Comment

Then go online and find the cheapest MP3 player you can find that plugs into the equipment you already have.

The reason for this is the vast majority of people now use their smartphone for playing MP3s, and the mere fact you are asking on here is you aren't very concerned about acoustics.

Oh and some CD players read MP3 CDs that you burn including car ones.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't use my phone for MP3s and still have an MP3 player for occasional use, including in car. Mine has a USB port though

You should be able to use the headphone output to connect to the input jack. Worth a try with a cheap n cheerful player you can pick up for a few quid. Keep the packaging and resell on eBay if it doesn't work.

Bluetooth players tend to support v3 (released 2009) and above these days; there's a risk that a bluetooth player might not be compatible with your stereo.

The other suggestion above, burning MP3s to CD is a good one. Burn as a data disc and you'll fit loads on.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 29 January 2017, 15:38.

Comment

We use a Kubik Evo in the motorhome. Excellent little thing, decent sound, has USB and 2.5mm jack outputs, 8Gb of memory and a totally baffling set of control buttons so just leave in Play and it wakes up when the ignition does.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks for that, think I'll go for one of those.
                  Oops, I meant 2.5mm jack earlier, the landrover's not that ancient.......

Comment

You could buy a 2nd-hand iPod, maybe even the older versions before they become iPhones without the phone.

You might even just get a cheap smartphone 'burner' and leave it in the car. You could have no SIM or a PAYG for emergencies.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X