• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not liking Windows 10 very much

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swamp Thing View Post
    100%. I found the whole interface childish. Fine for a Windows phone (which I use), but not desktop. Plus the OS kept cutting off wifi (it thought I was in flight mode...on a desktop, sheesh). And then the jaggedy fonts. A Metro font that was designed for tablets and smartphones, but MS didn't put the time into making the resolution workable for desktops. Still no fix, despite tons of complaints on the net. There were other issues but I cannot remember now. I rolled back to W7 Pro, and they're not gonna prise my bony fingers off it.
    WiFi cutting is a bug that came with one of the updates that made changes to the networking stack. Try installing latest drivers for your wifi adapter.

Windows 10 default interface is fine for me, my only gripe is the telemetry/call home and constant nagging for updates even with the Enterprise version.

You an change all the colors and fonts that you don't like, and also download pre-configured themes if you cba fine tuning it yourself.

Comment

I really like Win 10 as a day to day operating system. As a piece of enterprise software it can go and **** itself though.

Comment

I've been having a few more issues with Win10 than I had with Win8.1.

I have some sizing issues on my Lenovo W530 & X230 laptops (running at 1920 x 1080 and 1366 x 768) especially with older Win32 apps as well as a strange bug where the screens on both is detected as a touch screen randomly after the OS has loaded and the task bar shifts partly off the screen when it does that. To correct it I just click on the task bar and it realigns again. I read that the next major update due in April will resolve the resizing problems with older apps.

I also get issues with Wi-Fi dropping occasionally but this is very rare.

Comment

Working...
        X