• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regular Expressions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Netraider View Post
    Cheers Veteran, I'll work through and see how I go.

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Cheers Veteran, I'll work through and see how I go.
    Last edited by Netraider; 27 November 2016, 18:37. Reason: Wrong poster mentioned

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Unfortunately, the form that I enter the expression into says - Regular Expression did not match"
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    "^.*srccountry=\"(.+)\"" should do it from memory...
    Yep because it's got a $ you don't need try the above

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    RegExr: Learn, Build, & Test RegEx

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    "^.*srccountry=\"(.+)\"$" should do it from memory...
    Unfortunately, the form that I enter the expression into says - Regular Expression did not match"

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    "^.*srccountry=\"(.+)\"$" should do it from memory...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I'm hoping somebody on the panel can help me. I am trying to extract some information from a log file See below for example

When I use Regular Expression "^.*srccountry=(.+)$" to try and extract the country from "srccountry" I get

How do I just get the country from the Log?
    Scanning that ip....

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    started a topic Regular Expressions

Regular Expressions

I'm hoping somebody on the panel can help me. I am trying to extract some information from a log file See below for example

date=2016-11-26 time=17:03:26 devname=XXXXX3X15013159 devid=XXXXX3X15013159 logid=0001000014 type=traffic subtype=local level=notice vd=root srcip=109.176.192.91 srcport=4927 srcintf="wan" dstip=xxx.xxx.xxx.170 dstport=23 dstintf="root" sessionid=2417401 proto=6 action=deny policyid=0 policytype=local-in-policy dstcountry="United Kingdom" srccountry="United Kingdom" trandisp=noop service="TELNET" app="Console Management(Telnet)" duration=0 sentbyte=0 rcvdbyte=0 sentpkt=0 appcat="unscanned" crscore=30 craction=131072 crlevel=critical
    When I use Regular Expression "^.*srccountry=(.+)$" to try and extract the country from "srccountry" I get

"United Kingdom" trandisp=noop service="TELNET" app="Console Management(Telnet)" duration=0 sentbyte=0 rcvdbyte=0 sentpkt=0 appcat="unscanned" crscore=30 craction=131072 crlevel=critical
    How do I just get the country from the Log?

Working...
X