• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media router

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Cisco are still doing a free Meraki router to companies that sit through their webinar (or they were a couple of weeks ago) - then switch the VM wifi bit off.
    No upcoming webinars unless the featured ones underneath count. How did you get around not being a consultant. Not having website is going to be a stopper yes?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Thanking you. The Netgear Nighthawk looks a goer.

qh

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    FYI I went through the cisco / meraki thing, only to not be awarded (in my case) a Wi Fi access point. I registered as ClientCo and not MyCo, and ClientCo had already claimed their quota of free stuff. The Meraki AP they were giving away gets really bad reviews anyway.
    I've had no problem or complaint with it, but if it pleased everyone I'd be astounded.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    FYI I went through the cisco / meraki thing, only to not be awarded (in my case) a Wi Fi access point. I registered as ClientCo and not MyCo, and ClientCo had already claimed their quota of free stuff. The Meraki AP they were giving away gets really bad reviews anyway.

On the subject of switching out a BT HH for something else, I did this and got really really bad speeds through a Vigor VDSL router. So I hooked up a BT Infinity modem to the router and full speed was restored.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Same here had a TP-Link Gigabit wireless router.

I have just moved and had to switch to BT as Virgin was unavailable, am about to switch out the home hub for a TP-Link W9980 modem router.
    I had a bit of grief getting rid of the HH5 (see other thread), but have a happy medium at the moment

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Have you tried doing a search?

https://meraki.cisco.com/freeap

(Or start at meraki.cisco.com and then choose "demo")

Thanks to pondy for finding it originally
    Hmmm, need to see how it would work as company address is a holding address, not sure how happy they would be receiving deliver of an access point!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Linky??
    Have you tried doing a search?

https://meraki.cisco.com/freeap

(Or start at meraki.cisco.com and then choose "demo")

Thanks to pondy for finding it originally

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Cisco are still doing a free Meraki router to companies that sit through their webinar (or they were a couple of weeks ago) - then switch the VM wifi bit off.
    Linky??

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just switch the VM Router to Modem mode connect up what ever you want to it, I used an Apple Airport Extreme
    Same here had a TP-Link Gigabit wireless router.

I have just moved and had to switch to BT as Virgin was unavailable, am about to switch out the home hub for a TP-Link W9980 modem router.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X