• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media router

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Better than the standard Virgin one was - I get connectivity in bits of the house that I couldn't before.
    The AP won't do much for me, but interested in the MX range, site-to-site VPN wit the house in Spain would relieve a headache when trying to use the likes of iPlayer etc

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    What is the range like?

Just on the webinar and looks very good, whether its worth the premium if on "poorer" hardware I'm not sure until I have a play
    Better than the standard Virgin one was - I get connectivity in bits of the house that I couldn't before.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I had to chase and chase to get my free Meraki router, but it works great. Had endless problems with the VM Superhub kicking me off if anyone else connected - no such issues with the new router.
    What is the range like?

Just on the webinar and looks very good, whether its worth the premium if on "poorer" hardware I'm not sure until I have a play

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I had to chase and chase to get my free Meraki router, but it works great. Had endless problems with the VM Superhub kicking me off if anyone else connected - no such issues with the new router.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I have an Asus RT-N10U with DD-WRT, astoundingly good. Solid and so many options. No cloud management costs.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    The ones in the featured section counts - I did "Introduction to Cloud Networking". I have a company website, and I'm not a consultant - I'm responsible for managing and maintaining the company networking infrastructure

What kind of business doesn't have a website? Are you sure etc etc.
    I am booked on that one today

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    No upcoming webinars unless the featured ones underneath count. How did you get around not being a consultant. Not having website is going to be a stopper yes?
    The ones in the featured section counts - I did "Introduction to Cloud Networking". I have a company website, and I'm not a consultant - I'm responsible for managing and maintaining the company networking infrastructure

What kind of business doesn't have a website? Are you sure etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    How come the medium didn't see it coming?
    Did you hear about the midget psychic who escaped from prison?

There is a small medium at large

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I had a bit of grief getting rid of the HH5 (see other thread), but have a happy medium at the moment
    How come the medium didn't see it coming?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I've had no problem or complaint with it, but if it pleased everyone I'd be astounded.
    I suppose I'm just reassuring myself that the freebie was crap anyway, since I didn't get one. Not that I'm bitter or anything

Leave a comment:

Working...
X