• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media router

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I told them I was Director of a Professional Services company, mentioned a couple of Client Co's, explained how we would potentially use the kit and they seemed happy.
    Having sat through the webinar last night, they've told me this morning that I don't qualify because I work for an IT company.

Offered a free trial instead with look to purchase, but it's £1000 to buy so I'll not be partaking in that offer.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Ahhh but that's not freeeeeeee is it!
    Was yous doing irony?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    The AP is about £300 on eBay with the three year licence...
    Ahhh but that's not freeeeeeee is it!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Sorted.. Spent £400 on a domain, hosting and someone to write me a shiney new website so I could be eligible and it worked!! Free AP on it's way. yay...

I attended the one that the above posts say was for the switch but got offered the AP.. Am I missing something here? (besides a switch)...
    The AP is about £300 on eBay with the three year licence...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    This is a rhetorical question - isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Sorted.. Spent £400 on a domain, hosting and someone to write me a shiney new website so I could be eligible and it worked!! Free AP on it's way. yay...

I attended the one that the above posts say was for the switch but got offered the AP.. Am I missing something here? (besides a switch)...
    This is a rhetorical question - isn't it?
    Last edited by Dactylion; 14 March 2016, 18:18. Reason: quite ;-)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Bah... I'm not a proper contractor. I don't meet the rules for the AP

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I ended up banging an old ASA 5505 in, no licensing fees at least, works great with Infinity....

Leave a comment:

• Einstein Jnr
    replied
    Virgin Media router

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Any link to that webinar?

Can't see anything that gives the switch away, only an AP.
    Google not working in your part of town - here you go - next one is on Wed 16th - https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars/si...switching/5068

Edit: was using the mobile version and just noticed I missed a whole page where this was answered - apologies
    Last edited by Einstein Jnr; 12 March 2016, 12:26.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what the licence fees are after the three years are up?
    Yes, yes i do

3 year Enterprise (doesn't include the content filtering in the advance security licence) is £140+ VAT

Leave a comment:

Working...
X