• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media router

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Already got the AP, lets see if I can get the switch too

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    "Qualified attendees receive a free Meraki access point."

I've got one of those - I was hoping that somewhere they were still doing the free switch
    Oops,

Wrong one

https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars/si...switching/5068

Qualified attendees will receive a free Cisco Meraki MS220-8P switch with a 3-year cloud management license for joining.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    "Qualified attendees receive a free Meraki access point."

I've got one of those - I was hoping that somewhere they were still doing the free switch

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Any link to that webinar?

Can't see anything that gives the switch away, only an AP.
    This one

https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars/si...firewalls/4896

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Missed the webinar start by a few minutes and so don't qualify

Nice Cisco sales lady tried to sort it but wasn't able to. Set me up for another one tonight and promised to get the AP out to me straight away after it registered me as attending.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
    Sounds like a good set up. I just got the AP and wanted a switch as I was now running the Virgin router in modem mode. I found another webinar where they give the 8 port MX free. Catch is it comes with a 3 year license then they start to make their money back.
    Any link to that webinar?

Can't see anything that gives the switch away, only an AP.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I just did the webinar and the Meraki guy called and more or less told me to fook off for a free AP!!

Said I don't qualify....

Leave a comment:

• Einstein Jnr
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Wonder if you can get the switch if you have the free AP already?

I am going to be a MX64HW router, suppose if I can replace the Netgear switch with a Meraki one it will integrate better, although I only use the Netgear for more ports rather than as an actual switch
    Yes - I just got mine - now have the AP and the MX220 8 port switch.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Sorry, the conversation moved away from Virgin Router a while ago, I am using the Meraki AP that I received after viewing their webinar.
    Well go and get yer own thread then. Pah bloody contractors coming over here invading people's threads on Tech, I will be writing to the Daily Mail. It's probably negatively affected my house price.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    How did you do this? I have the standard Virgin Media 2Ghz and 5Ghz, how do you get a third one? Just create it?

qh
    Sorry, the conversation moved away from Virgin Router a while ago, I am using the Meraki AP that I received after viewing their webinar.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X