• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best vacuum cleaner at around £300 or less?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best vacuum cleaner at around £300 or less?

Title says it all, and yes it's not IT related but is one of the jobs I've been given by the wife, i.e. to research which vacuum cleaner we should buy to replace our aging Dyson (which only lasted 3 years!).

Main requirement is that it should be very powerful, preferably upright and have long cord and hose length.

No sexual references please, we're British

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Title says it all, and yes it's not IT related but is one of the jobs I've been given by the wife, i.e. to research which vacuum cleaner we should buy to replace our aging Dyson (which only lasted 3 years!).

Main requirement is that it should be very powerful, preferably upright and have long cord and hose length.

No sexual references please, we're British

I'm in the same boat!! Our trusty Dyson has served us well, 12 years, now the plastic frame over the roller has broken just about everywhere and it won't work at all now when you pull the head out for hoovering dust bunnies off the ceiling corners...

And we've lost all bar one of the attachments

Might be work getting it fixed, but I do wonder if hoover technology has changed much..

I know it's not a hoover......

Comment

I know we have one because I paid for it but what it does and how good it works is a mystery to me so unfortunately I'm out

Comment

Miele

pretty good.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Is there no weekly published magazine which compares them?
          (cue the innuendo ridden magazine names)
          Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

We use a Henry. Does a great job.

Comment

I got one of the little Dyson DC35s thinking it'd be handy for keeping the dust down, does such a good job that our old miele never comes out of the closet any more.

Comment

or pay a fixed £79 inc VAT to get it repaired, no matter what is wrong with it

https://www.dyson.co.uk/Support/Repa...formation.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                  We use a Henry. Does a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Miele

pretty good.
                    This

Bought one nine years ago, thought it had given up the ghost recently but wasn't too fussed after nine years of faultless service, stripped it down, removed a bottle top that had got wedged, and it's as good as new.

Comment

Working...
                    X