• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wossname

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stek
    replied
    Sunray, Ultra Thin, ut, hence all Sunray admin commands start with ut, i.e. utadmin etc, this technology ought be de riguer for security, everything runs on the on server, even the graphics, it's all bitmapped over the wire to the Ultra thin client which has nothing, except a chip that says basically 'I'm a Sunray' talk to me. Everything inc the gfx runs on the server...

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    SFF (Small form factor)? Mini PC?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Yeah should have specified. This millennium

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Thin client?

Sun/Oracle did ultra thin clients called Sunrays.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Wossname

Wossname

A mini pc? A network terminal? A thin mini network terminal client doohickey widget?

Little box with USB, Hdi/hdmi out. Used instead of a PC in virtual infrastructure.

What's it called FFs?

Working...
X