• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Entertainment - Plex and NAS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    With an account presumably, and like I said you don't need one. I can't remember how I set up the Android app, but it must have found the server on the LAN. If you're just using a laptop with a browser then I would assume you either need to type the right URL for the server, or use the website and your account to find it.
    Well ok, it was only for a short time I was internet less all I wanted was The Good Life on!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Well ok, it was only for a short time I was internet less all I wanted was The Good Life on!
      There's something ironic about using modern technology to watch The Good Life.

Having said all that, I'll try it later on. Pull out the internet cable and see if it still works. You never know with these things.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Mine did.

Think it authenticates you http://plex.tv that was for laptop in bed mind, can't remember for telly, wasnt without Internet fir long.

Just googled it does need internet but u can turn it off for local, but new devices can't use it or something, I know it was a pita with no internet
        If you used the http:/plex.tv/ to connect to your server then of course it needs internet. But you can always use http://local_IP to connect to your server on the LAN without internet, even from the iOS app (can't comment for android but i guessit similar). Yes, the iOS app first goes to plex.tv, but you can manually configure a LAN IP and not need internet.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          If you used the http:/plex.tv/ to connect to your server then of course it needs internet. But you can always use http://local_IP to connect to your server on the LAN without internet, even from the iOS app (can't comment for android but i guessit similar). Yes, the iOS app first goes to plex.tv, but you can manually configure a LAN IP and not need internet.
          Furry Muff then! I back down, just it fooking annoyed me at the time when I had other shiit to deal with, was a temporary house between two stressful moves! All we had was 3G internet provided by the AirBnb guy that lasted like 3 hours a month.....

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            There's something ironic about using modern technology to watch The Good Life.

Having said all that, I'll try it later on. Pull out the internet cable and see if it still works. You never know with these things.
            Thing is at bed time no matter how knackered I am I cant sleep, brain working on plan B, C all the way to Z, so I put some familar telly on on the lappy and I'm away in five mins!

Has to be classic familiar stuff, owt new or involved and the synapses are at it again....

Comment

Thing is at bed time no matter how knackered I am I cant sleep, brain working on plan B, C all the way to Z, so I put some familar telly on on the lappy and I'm away in five mins!

Has to be classic familiar stuff, owt new or involved and the synapses are at it again....
              I find BBC Four documentaries put me to sleep particularly ones about travel. Oddly I've watched most them before in the day and have been fine.

However my new best sleep thing is that Grand Tour carp on Amazon.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Got Plex running on a few Amazon Fire sticks, My library is controlled by iTunes so everything is in either a \Movies\ or \Tv Shows\ folder, and iTunes handles everything almost perfectly (sometimes iTunes gives a show a track number so the actual files are 01 03 05 etc rather than 1,2,3, but this is easily fixed.

However something funky is happening with the TV Show "The Missing" episode 2 and 3 of season 1 are both being flagged in Plex as Episode 3, which has the ② denoting two files for that episode. If I drop in episode 2 only it still comes up as Episode 3, the file names are fixed in the file system but no matter what happens it still gets recognised as Episode 3
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Got Plex running on a few Amazon Fire sticks, My library is controlled by iTunes so everything is in either a \Movies\ or \Tv Shows\ folder, and iTunes handles everything almost perfectly (sometimes iTunes gives a show a track number so the actual files are 01 03 05 etc rather than 1,2,3, but this is easily fixed.

However something funky is happening with the TV Show "The Missing" episode 2 and 3 of season 1 are both being flagged in Plex as Episode 3, which has the ② denoting two files for that episode. If I drop in episode 2 only it still comes up as Episode 3, the file names are fixed in the file system but no matter what happens it still gets recognised as Episode 3
                  Have a look on line to see how plex decides which is which episode, and also file name conventions. Plex can be quite fussy.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/art...Based-TV-Shows

Comment

I've bought the Plex Pass so I can sync content from the server to my iPad for when I am out of coverage, works fine however there is an issue that when I watch something locally on the iPad it does not sync as watched back on the main server. Is this usual or is something not working?
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmac View Post
                      i've bought the plex pass so i can sync content from the server to my ipad for when i am out of coverage, works fine however there is an issue that when i watch something locally on the ipad it does not sync as watched back on the main server. Is this usual or is something not working?
                      pbkac imo hth bidi
                      Last edited by northernladuk; 8 November 2017, 11:15.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X