• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Entertainment - Plex and NAS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    pbkac imo hth bidi
    There is no keyboard on a iPad, but other than you are probably right, just for the life of me can't work out what I need to change to sync the watched status back from local to the server.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      There is no keyboard on a iPad, but other than you are probably right, just for the life of me can't work out what I need to change to sync the watched status back from local to the server.
      I don't think it can do it - I upload corries for mrs while she's abroad and I can even sync them down to her iPad from here (she's technically challenged!) but I don't see anything in the transcoding list while she's watching them - looks like Plex has totally disowned them at this point.

Comment

I've bought the Plex Pass so I can sync content from the server to my iPad for when I am out of coverage, works fine however there is an issue that when I watch something locally on the iPad it does not sync as watched back on the main server. Is this usual or is something not working?
        Do you download the files or do you tell them to sync?

There is a sync option available which might be what you're looking for.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Do you download the files or do you tell them to sync?

There is a sync option available which might be what you're looking for.
          I usually sync unwatched episodes, so once they are watched locally I had hoped they are marked as watched on the main server

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I usually sync unwatched episodes, so once they are watched locally I had hoped they are marked as watched on the main server
            Do you then hit sync on the local content afterwards?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Do you then hit sync on the local content afterwards?
              Yes, doing that now as we speak, new episodes are downloading, will see if it syncs back to the server what I have watched

Comment

Yes, doing that now as we speak, new episodes are downloading, will see if it syncs back to the server what I have watched
                BTW I have no idea how this works
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Works for me on Android, so maybe it's an iOS thing.

Chose an episode of TV to watch, and synced it rather than downloading. Watched it on my phone and then checked the server and it was showing as watched. I'd hit the sync button on the phone in the meantime just to be sure.

Edit - didn't need to press the sync button, it did it automatically for me.
                  Last edited by TheFaQQer; 10 November 2017, 11:42.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                  X