• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to choose a best antivirus for my pc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to choose a best antivirus for my pc?

I want to get a new antivirus for my computer but not sure that how to choose a best and good features antivirus software...

Originally posted by vinod View Post
    I want to get a new antivirus for my computer but not sure that how to choose a best and good features antivirus software...
    Microsoft Security Essentials is free and not a resource hog
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Avast Free seems to do the job on any Windows machines I set up
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        +1 Apart from the sexy lady telling you when the virus database has been updated you never know it is there, but it does seem to keep PCs protected.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
          +1 Apart from the sexy lady telling you when the virus database has been updated you never know it is there, but it does seem to keep PCs protected.
          There must be a way to turn that off?!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

There must be a way to turn that off?!
            Why would I want to?
            I get a warm moist feeling in my nether region every time I hear it.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

And Macs.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                And Macs.
                Still go on the belief I don't need an Anti Virus for my Mac, guess I am gonna get stung one day!

Comment

Get a trial copy of each.

Search for "infected website", "website virus", "infect my PC" and "download PC virus". Visit them all and see which one is the best.

Comment

Still go on the belief I don't need an Anti Virus for my Mac, guess I am gonna get stung one day!
                    I used to have Avast for my Mac (being an ex-PCer), but it slowed it down noticeably so I removed it. I still can't decide if it is only the Anti Virus companies that spread FUD about this.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X